Olympic Race Management or Anchoring Bags of Air at The Show, Challenger Lecture Series
April 16, 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us to hear from World Sailing’s Tom Duggan, Principal Race Officer for Tokyo 2020, who will wrap up his experience at the 2016 Rio Olympics and provide insight into the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Come get a behind-the-scenes view of Olympic sailing, learn how an Olympic regatta is set up, and how it all works.
Tom is a native “Cape Codah” and lives in Sandwich, MA. He is a longtime PRO for Sail Newport and has run many Newport Regattas and world championships for Sail Newport.
Tom’s impressive resume includes the following:
- US Sailing National Race Officer
- US Sailing Race Management Committee
- World Sailing International Race Officer
- World Sailing Race Management Committee Chair
- World Sailing Race Officials Committee
- Principal Race Officer for many Continental and World Championships
- Principal Race Officer for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Regatta
- Race Officer for the Rio 2016 Olympic Regatta Lasers and Radials