Olympic Race Management or Anchoring Bags of Air at The Show, Challenger Lecture Series
April 16, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us to hear from World Sailing’s Tom Duggan, principal race officer for Tokyo 2021 who will wrap up his experience at the 2016 Rio Olympics and provide insight into the now 2021 Tokyo Olympics. Log on to get a behind-the-scenes view of Olympic Games sailing management, learn how an Olympic regatta is set up, and how the world names the top athletes of sailing to receive the coveted medals.
Tom is a native “Cape Codah” and lives in Sandwich, MA. He is at the top echelon of sailing race management professionals and has served as a PRO for Sail Newport’s many Newport Regattas and world championships.
Tom’s impressive resume includes the following:
- US Sailing National Race Officer
- US Sailing Race Management Committee
- World Sailing International Race Officer
- World Sailing Race Management Committee Chair
- World Sailing Race Officials Committee
- Principal Race Officer for many Continental and World Championships
- Principal Race Officer for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Regatta
- Race Officer for the Rio 2016 Olympic Regatta Lasers and Radials
The Challenger Lecture Series is going virtual!
Sail Newport, with the help of Tom Duggan will present online “infotainment” on Thursday, April 16. “Olympic Race Management or Anchoring Bags of Air at The Show,” is next in our Challenger Lecture Series and will be accessible on Zoom.
We will offer one FREE access point per household. Only one person per household needs to register. If you have multiple people in your household who will join you in viewing the lecture online on the same device, you will only need to register for one (1) access point. We will have a limited number of available access points.
Once you’re registered here are some things you can do prior to the lecture to make your login easier:
- Confirm you received the automated confirmation message via the email address you provided, this is how Zoom communicates the link to the lecture on Thursday April 16. If you did not receive a confirmation email please reach out to Hannah.Lasorsa@sailnewport.org
- Add the event reminder to your preferred calendar
- Download Zoom (zoom.com) to your computer or other device and create an account (not required!)
- Ask us your question! If you didn’t include your question during registration, email Matt.Duggan@sailnewport.org with your question ahead of the lecture.