The Inaugural Quahog Cup – Virtual Racing
March 22, 9:00 am
During the virus crisis, we’re joining forces with sailonline.org to host a purely entertaining virtual regatta series starting on Sunday, March 22 at 9 .m.
There’s no registration fee, no entry fee, no one will get a sunburn, and there will be no need to leave your house. Join us for this online race as we weather this challenging time together.
A series of races will be held until we can all get back on the water. The first race on Sunday will be a race around Narragansett Bay using one design Farr 30s (made in Rhody by the way!).
1. Don’t use your email address as your user/boat name
2. Best to update your Adobe Flash for optimal use
3. If you are asked for a donation you’re clicking on the wrong spot, see below:
- Go to the link above and pre-register (it takes under a minute and there is no fee!)
- Enter your email address
- Receive an email from sailonline.org, follow link to finish registration
- Pick a username and password
- Your are registered! So easy!
Once you register, you will be able to practice (These races are best done on a computer, Mac or PC).
Sunday, March 22, 9 a.m.
Quahog Cup Course
- At 0900 (EDT)/ 1300 (UTC) SHARP, all boats will be virtually towed to the starting line off of the Sail Newport Sailing Center in Brenton Cove
- Boats will go North, leaving Rose Island to starboard,
- from there, up towards Bristol to the Hog Island Mark to port,
- then Northeast to round the Poppasquash Mark to starboard,
- from there, up towards Barrington around the Rumstick Rock Mark to port,
- heading south, you will leave Patience Island to Port, a mark near the Jamestown Bridge to port and then head toward the ocean!
- The final marks are Newton Rock (Beavertail on Jamestown) to port, Fort Adams Mark to Starboard and then to the finish back in Brenton Cove off of the Sail Newport Sailing Center
Thank you to Sailonline.org
Thanks to Rob and his team for turning this around so quickly! We are thrilled to offer this virtual race to those around the world that are eager for something fun!