Membership benefits include:
Fellowship with a community of people working to keep the sport of sailing accessible to all by means of a state-of-the-art sailing center, fleets of sailboats for public use, affordable programs and free programs for schools, groups and community organizations. Together we provide the life-affirming experience of sailing and being on the water to all ages, regardless of economic resources.
With discounts on:
- Sailboat Rentals – Highly-maintained J/22s and Rhodes 19s are available at the Sail Newport Sailing Center. Rentals are discounted for members for daily recreational sailing, and during some regattas for sailors who like to race.
- Group and Private Adult instruction – Learn to sail, improve your skills, and meet like-minded sailors at the Sail Newport Sailing Center.
- Hoist Use – Two and three-ton hoists allow easy, efficient, access to the water.
- Boat Storage – Affordable and premier waterside dry-sail storage at the Sailing Center during the summer months (May – October).
- Event and classroom space rentals (for mission-related events) – 2,000 sq. foot waterfront event space with indoor-outdoor capability.
- Special event tickets for socials, fundraisers, presentations and more.
- Sail Newport Merchandise – Show your support with branded gear such as T-shirts, hats, bags, and burgees.*
Special member-only benefits:
- Six-Session Rental Card (six sails for the price of four!)*
- Ability to purchase an Open Card for unlimited rentals (Subject to availability)
- No annual check-out fee
- Opportunity to participate in organized weeknight racing on Sail Newport’s fleet of J/22s
- Voting rights at Sail Newport’s Annual Meeting held every December. The meeting is followed by a cocktail party for members.