Sail Newport is committed to providing the opportunity for people to participate in sailing programs regardless of economic status. Admittance to all programs is “need-blind,” and should you decide to apply for Financial Aid, that will not be a factor in our decision to enroll your child or children in a program.
Sail Newport Financial Aid guidelines
- It is a confidential process. Your information is not shared with any other entity.
- Participants who are awarded partial or full finanical assistance are expected to attend at least 75% of the class or program for which the assistance is awarded.
- For families who receive partial financial assistance, any balance due will be required to be paid at least 30 days prior to the start of the class/program.
- Sail Newport is a 501(c)3 not-profit organization and relies on volunteer support for many of its programs and events. Financial assistance recipients are encouraged to support Sail Newport through volunteer hours. To volunteer, please visit our volunteer page.
How to apply for Financial Aid
During the registration process for RIOT, you will be given the option to:
- Pay in full
- Apply for Financial Aid (When choosing this option, you will be taken to a simple and confidential form.)
- Will be made within 2-3 weeks of your application.
- You will receive a confidential letter in the mail from Brad Read, Executive Director, outlining any award and any partial program fees that will be due.
Again, your child’s participation in this program will not be reliant on whether or not you apply for financial aid. You have our commitment on that!
If you have questions about Financial Aid please email Brad Read, Executive Director or call (401) 846-1983.