UPDATE: May 22, 2020
Fantastic News!!! We are very proud to resume offering public access to sailing with our rental fleet on J/22 sailboats effective Sunday, May 24.
Here’s how it will work:
- All parties please note that per State of Rhode Island DEM regulations, all individuals for a boat rental must be from the same household until those restrictions are lifted.
- The boats are available seven days a week for three-hour rentals by appointment only
(Absolutely no Walk-ins at this time)
- Make an appointment by calling the Sail Newport Dock Office at (401) 849-8385
- All rentals must be paid in full at the time of the reservation, we will take your card number over the telephone
- If we are unable to provide a boat because of weather conditions, or if the sailor does not pass a checkout, we will issue a refund
- Please know that the rental start times will vary and we appreciate your cooperation, patience and understanding as we stagger arrival times to uphold social distancing guidelines
Narragansett Bay is our greatest natural resource and there’s no better way to enjoy the water than sailing on a beautiful day.
An annual on-the-water check-out by a member of Sail Newport’s instructional staff is required of everyone who comes to use our fleet, regardless of years of experience. The check out is typically done right before you rent the first time each season, and is our chance to see that you have sufficient skills to sail the boat safely and appropriately in the conditions, as well as to familiarize you with our boats, procedures and rules, and the sailing area.
The check-out typically takes 10-20 minutes. If you have any questions about whether you have the necessary skills to pass the check-out, please give us a call. Our staff would be more than happy to discuss this with you!
Currently, the Rhodes 19s are not available to rent (Notice May 22, 2020)
|J/22 weekday rates|
|3 hour rental||$82||$121|
|6 hour rental||$146||$216*|
|J/22 weekend rates|
|3 hour rental||$96||$152|
|6 hour rental||$172||$270*|
|Rhodes 19 weekday rates|
|3 hour rental||$63||$95|
|6 hour rental||$113||$167*|
|Rhodes 19 weekend rates|
|3 hour rental||$80||$106|
|6 hour rental||$140||$189*|
Five-Session Cards – Five rentals for the price of four!
- Five rental session cards are available for use of J/22 and Rhodes 19 sailboats.
- You must be a Sail Newport member to purchase and use a 5 session card.
- The discounted rate (weekdays) is $328.00 per card for a J/22 and $252.00 for the Rhodes 19, and $384.00 for a J/22 and $320.00 for a Rhodes 19 (weekends). Essentially, it’s five sails for the price of four – great value for a regular sailor!
- Five session cards are only good for the season in which they are purchased–unused cards may not be carried over to the following season.
Open Card – Weekdays
- $850 May – October
- Entitles the holder (must be a Sail Newport member) to reserve and rent any of the keelboats during regularly scheduled rental times except Saturday and Sunday afternoons and holiday (12:30-3:30 p.m.) rental periods.
- Open Card holders may use a boat at the start of the Sat/Sun afternoon or holiday 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. rental period, if one is available, you just may not make a reservation in advance for either of those specific time blocks.
- Open Cards are not transferable: the holder/purchaser must be present for the sail.
- A $100 surcharge applies to anyone with an Open Card who is also chartering for any of the Tues./Weds. Race Weeknight Series. Please refer to the Weeknight Racing page for more information.
- Cards are only valid for the season in which they are purchased.